- Connect to your TV using HDMI (ARC) (sound effect: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- Connect your TV using Optical (sound effect:⭐⭐⭐⭐)
- Connect your TV using Bluetooth (sound effect:⭐⭐⭐)
- Connect your TV using AUX (sound effect:⭐⭐）
- Connect your TV using USB (sound effect:⭐⭐)
Note: If you can't switch the output mode of the soundbar when turning on the device, please press the power button and wait until "----" appears on the screen of the soundbar before switching the mode.
HDMI ARC Connection：
1. Check if the TV and sound bar are connected to the port that is marked " ARC" or"eARC "("HDMI IN” does not support).
2. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI ARC/eARC or HDMI IN (ARC) port on your TV.
3. Connect the other end to the HDMI out (ARC) port on your sound bar.
B: Check whether the PCM setting path is correct.
Normally as below: Settings-Sound Output-Receiver HDMI (ARC) and
Sound -Expert Settings-Digital Audio Output -PCM
① If the connection and settings are correct, but there is no sound, please re-plug or replace the HDMI cable
② Check whether the cable is not connected wrongly or loosely
Connect the TV BOX and DVD. The other device needs to be connected to the TV (HDMI IN port) instead of the soundbar via an HDMI Cable.
Note: Please switch the TV signal source to the interface number corresponding to the HDMI cable connection port
1. Connect an optical audio cable from the TV's Optical Digital Audio Out port to the Optical in port on your soundbar.
2. Check if the sound bar switches to OPT mode.
3. Check whether the TV setting path is correct.
Normally as below: Settings-Sound Output-OPT and Sound -Expert Settings-Digital Audio Output -PCM
4. Check if the optical cable other end has a red light on after connecting the TV port
If there is no red light, we suggest that to try a new optical cable. (the special material inside the optic cable, please do not bend the optic)
1. Soundbar switches to BT mode via the remote control
2. Enter in TV -Sound Output-Bluetooth Speaker list to turn on Bluetooth and connect the soundbar device “Apollo S50”
Bluetooth connection is successful when hearing "connected".
If you press and hold the BT button for 3 seconds to disconnect the current device（BT flashing indicates waiting for pairing）
Bluetooth connection problem：
1. Bluetooth version higher than 4.0, Otherwise the Bluetooth signal may not be found
2. The distance between Bluetooth devices should ideally be within 5m of each other
3. If there is no connection or Bluetooth lag problem, turn off and re-open the Bluetooth device, if still can not solve the problem, please restore the factory settings
3.5mm-RCA Audio cable connection:
1. Connect an Audio cable from the Audio Out port on the TV to the AUX port on the soundbar.
A. The connecting port of the TV is AUDIO OUT, not AUDIO IN
B. Make sure that the AUX cable is a 3.5 mm cord.
C. Make sure the AUX cable is not damaged
2. Switch the Soundbar output is AUX mode.
Note： if you want to switch the output to another mode when AUX is connected， you need to unplug both ends of the AUX cable from the devices before making the switch.
The USB port is used to connect the USB flash drive(up to 64GB), it is unable to connect your devices with the USB cable directly.
Only supports USB format： FAT; FAT32
When you plug your USB flash drive with music in it, the soundbar will enter USB mode and play the music automatically.