Before proceeding with the software installation, please confirm if your projector software version：(Settings>About>Software version>"U0320-XXX" to check the software version)
If your projector software is the new version: V2.15 or V3.09, pls don't download V2.17
This is only for the projector software version lower than V2.17
① Add the Signal source memory function
② Improvements to lag, frame drops
③ Improvements to manual focusing accuracy
④ HDMI signal source supports HDR format compatibility issues
Upgrade the software to the V2.17 version：
Step 1: Please prepare a USB flash drive, the format of the USB must be FAT 32 and the capacity of the USB must be more than 4G;
Step 2: The installation package V2.17, please download the file from the link:
Step 3: Copy the "MstarUpgrade9255BGA.bin" upgrade file to the root drive of the USB flash drive;
Step 4: Power on the projector and insert the USB flash drive into the USB port of the projector, it will pop up a prompt "The upgrade file is detected, and the system will restart the upgrade";
Step 5: The projector will be restarted and the upgrade process will be displayed as below;
Step 6: Please don't power off the projector during the upgrade process, the projector will automatically restart after the upgrade is completed. And then use the remote control to click on Settings>About>Software version>"U0320-V2.17" to check the software version;
The following steps are for connecting the gaming device only:
Step 7: Go to the HDMI signal source and press the remote control menu button to set Picture Mode to Game and game device resolution set to 1920x1080P(This step is only performed when playing games, but not when watching other movies);
1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide
2. Select Profile and System>Settings>General>TV and Display Options
3. Under 'Display', select the appropriate screen resolution for the TV or monitor
Note: Please delete the upgrade file of the USB flash drive or unplug it to avoid repeated upgrades after the upgrade is successful.
Problems with lag in playing large online games with PS5/PS4/Xbox:
1. This product is not specifically designed for playing large online games, so there may be frame-dropping issues. For a better experience, it is recommended to play some common games. The main advantage of the product is that it is used to watch movies for a more realistic picture quality experience
2. Currently does not support HDR other formats, only supports HDR10, PS4/PS5 is the HDR standard and the projector does not support it;
Note: Currently the P40 does not support the display of HD corner markers for HDR video playback.
3. When the refresh rate of your gaming device is set too high, the projector is not compatible with it, which will easily lead to latency and screen stuttering problems (the projector cannot change the refresh rate- default is 1080P).
How to minimize latency as much as possible?
1. Play it on USB and try to see if it drops frames
2. After playing the video for a minute and then recording it again, there may be a buffer when you first open the video and play it
3. Replace the PC with a better graphics card or a high-speed HDMI cable and try again(HDMI cable 2.0)
4. Operate the following two steps:
①Upgrade to the latest software version V2.17 via USB; ②Go to the HDMI source and press the remote control menu button to set Picture Mode to "Game"；
5. PS5 supports most games support 4K 60Hz, But our HDMI interface is 1.4, the above will have an impact, so it is recommended that the PS5/PS4/Xbox be adjusted to 1080P 30Hz resolution
Some Xbox series can be set the 4K &HDR 10:
How do confirm your Xbox device supports HDR 10?
If you have any questions or ideas, please contact Ultimea customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. We will service you ASAP！